New Blog

I have created a new Blog about dreadlocks, you will find anything you need to know http://dreadlocksjourneyblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Braids or Cornrows

Braids hairstyle
Braids, or Cornrows were also something that I wanted to try since I was kid, I used to like them a lot, so now that my hair is long enough, I decided to go for it and see how I would look with Braided hair, it was hard for me to find someone here make nice braids as it's not a common thing, but after some long researches I finally found someone who knows how to make great cornrows, it's a girl from Senegal that's studying here... 
it hurts as hell while she was braiding my hair :S I even had tears in my left eye lol but then after about 30 mins she was done braiding, to be honest I loved it, except that cornrows don't stay like that for too long :(

UPDATE: I have uploaded a how to braid cornrows video:

cornrows
I got braids for the second time, but this time it wasn't straight lines, it was something different, crazy braids style but still beautiful.


corn rows
crazy braids
Cornrows, also known as braids, are a traditional African style of hair grooming where the hair is braided very close to the scalp, using an underhand, upward motion to produce a continuous, raised row. Cornrows are often formed, as the name implies, in simple, straight lines, but they can also be formed in complicated geometric or curvilinear designs.
Often favored for their easy maintenance, cornrows can be left in for weeks at a time if maintained through careful washing of the hair and regular oiling of the scalp. If the scalp is not oiled properly however, prolonged styling with cornrows can result in dandruff and major hair loss.
Cornrowed hairstyles are often adorned with beads or cowry shells, in the African and Caribbean tradition. Depending on the region of the world, cornrows are typically worn by either men, women or both. Cornrows are known as canerow in parts of the Caribbean and the United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can watch the whole Dreadlocks Journey here

Healthy hair tips

If you suffer from hairloss, or you just want tips to have a healthy hair learn more about hair loss